6.03.2011

And so it begins...

Well, friends...you asked for it and here it is. This has been a loooooong time coming (mostly because I'm technologically challenged and anything more than email or Facebook hurts my brain), but I'm hoping it will be worth the wait. Obviously, being my first post, I have no freaking clue what I'm doing. I don't read blogs, let alone WRITE one! What I CAN tell you is that I'm planning on sharing all of my wonderful, weird, sad but true MUNI stories with you and will do my best to include photos (when I have the balls to take them)...

After 10 years of living in this most amazing city, I have spent countless hours riding the rails and waiting at bus stops for the next train or bus to get me from point A to point B and places in between. Many of you have seen my Facebook updates and have been asking me for years to put something like this together, so this is for you!

Expect to read updates of my daily commute, share in my frustration, fascination, rants and stories of the people I share my rides with....they are really what it's all about. Let me also tell you...there are some true characters who can only be found in San Francisco!

For those of you who have never had the pleasure (and in most cases, DISpleasure) of riding MUNI and find yourself asking, "What's a MUNI?" (and pronouncing it Moo-knee or Money), well it is the wonderful and supposedly "best public transit system in the world" only found in San Francisco. Oh, and it is pronounced Mew-knee. Coincidentally, Mew Knee, will probably be the name of your driver should you ever pay the $2 fare and hop on board.

Thank you for riding MUNI,
Yours Truly

For more on MUNI: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/ahome/indxabmu.htm

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED this! Written with a wonderful insight, wit and humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from your newest subscriber! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy!! Welcome, newest subscriber :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I just finished reading all your entries in reverse order! Love it! Looking forward to the next entry!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete